1. “Postcards from Italy” by Beirut – Ellen was brilliant and brought along her ukulele and she and Tim often graced us with this and other Beirut songs.
2. I’m counting the entire Jack Johnson In Between Dreams album as one, but particularly the songs “Better Together” and “Breakdown.”
3. “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin – Naturally, growing up in the 90’s has made a lasting impression on all of us. Honorable mention: “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid.
4. “Gangnam Style” by Psi – we must of heard/danced to this song about ten times during an impromptu Christmas party in Riung.
5. “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls – One of many songs dug up for our old songs revival on our lazy Christmas Day. Honorable mentions: “Don’t Want to Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith and “The Bad Touch” by the Bloodhound Gang.
6. “Angel” by Shaggy – A song I enjoyed with Ellen as I attempted to convince her that the true message of the song should be: “Party while you’re still young.”
7. “Águas de Março” by João Gilberto – What’s an island paradise without some bossa?
8. “Waiting in Vain” by Bob Marley – Actually, there can be no island paradises without Bob Marley.
9. “Under Pressure” by Queen – a song that never left my head as I struggled through my first time scuba diving.
10. “All Star” by Smash Mouth – an old song David and I brought back in a moment of rain, pizza and great conversation.
11. “Doing the Wrong Thing” by Kaki King – A song that consistently came on my iPod while on different modes of transportation to, through and upon leaving Flores. (This is an amazing video by the way.)